ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 33 of 33
« First < 232930313233
Nzoner's Game Room>Andy Reid called me, and he asked CP to fix the offense.
Direckshun 07:39 AM Yesterday
I think we can all agree the offense has not been up to par this season.

At this point, there's only so much we can do about it. Our best WR got injured and is missing the season, our best RB is out until December, our LT situation is messy and our stud TE is looking his age.

So, is this who we are now? Is 30 points a game a distant memory?

What can be done?

(Andy Reid is lurking in this thread, so make sure you're on your best behavior.)
[Reply]
KCDC 02:27 PM Today
1) Perfect the "tush push" for short yardage
2) When inside the 5 yard line, Josh Allen scrambles and runs it in what seems like 90+% of the time. Jayden Daniels walked in last night. We don't need to put PM in harm's way with a sneak, but he can beat a LB in with greater success than a predictable run between tackles over and over.
3) Receivers need to not do the opponent a favor by running out of bounds on deep catches when chased. They need to cut back into the field and use their speed to score, so there is no red zone fade.
4) Rather than rely on the flat in the RZ, hit the the short cross and let the receiver get some RAC. Slants are hard to defend against. Rashee is an excellent slant runner.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 02:29 PM Today
:-) I love the narrative that Reid is some obstinate whip cracking curmudgeon that has to have it his way or the highway. This staff is here for reasons other that to say yes sir, mister Andy Reid sir.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 02:35 PM Today
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Andy isn’t changing his philosophy. And some new young coordinator sure as shit isn’t coming in here telling him what to do
Can he go back to whatever his philosophy was in 2022… #1 offense without Tyreek?
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 02:41 PM Today
Originally Posted by FloridaMan88:
Can he go back to whatever his philosophy was in 2022… #1 offense without Tyreek?
2022 we played dink and dunk but also attacked intermediate areas of field.

We don’t do that anymore. It’s almost all WR screens and LOS scrums where WRs have to operate as gadgets or rbs.
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 02:41 PM Today
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch:
:-) I love the narrative that Reid is some obstinate whip cracking curmudgeon that has to have it his way or the highway. This staff is here for reasons other that to say yes sir, mister Andy Reid sir.
They clearly do, but we're not privy to who actually is in control of what.

We literally spent weeks trying to figure out what Bienemy actually did.

[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 02:43 PM Today
Seriously, where the fuck did this narrative even come from that Reid is a stubborn old man set in his ways? He LOVES creativity and innovation on the offense. He outright encourages players to come up with concepts to use in games. He wants Patrick Mahomes to throw out a no look or behind the back pass every now and then. But I'm supposed to believe he tells his staff to sit down, shit up, and do as he says at all times? Absolute bupkis
[Reply]
RunKC 02:44 PM Today

[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 02:49 PM Today
Originally Posted by Bl00dyBizkitz:
They clearly do, but we're not privy to who actually is in control of what.

We literally spent weeks trying to figure out what Bienemy actually did.

We can all agree that he does SOMETHING, right? He's actively involved in game planning, play calling, and player development. Well, in my humble opinion, judging by what I've seen of his contributions both here and elsewhere, I don't really care for them one bit.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:49 PM Today
Seriously, where the fuck did this narrative even come from that Reid is a stubborn old man set in his ways? He LOVES creativity and innovation on the offense. He outright encourages players to come up with concepts to use in games. He wants Patrick Mahomes to throw out a no look or behind the back pass every now and then. But I'm supposed to believe he tells his staff to sit down, shit up, and do as he says at all times? Absolute bupkis
"Creativity in his offense" is one thing.

You're essentially asking him to scrap his bunch/shell concepts.

Now he'll do that if necessary, but he's gonna do it on HIS time. Not Matt Nagy's.

You're acting like you're just putting some small wrinkle into his offensive philosophy and that's just not the case. Reid's offense is built on bunch and that sort of 'triangle' mechanism he likes to build. To do that, he needs the numbers advantage and to get the numbers advantage he needs the full allotment of guys in the pattern.

That's his foundational offensive principle.

And you believe ANY OC is going to get him to come off that without him first being beaten over the head by it? Again - it ruined his final season in Philly. And Morninwheg had been his OC there for over half a decade when it happened.

You think he's gonna just trust slappy mcslapdick to tell him he's doing it wrong when one of the most trusted OCs he's EVER had couldn't convince him of it even as his Philly's tenure was circling the drain?
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:06 PM Today
Whuh? When the hell did I ever say he needed to scrap his whole philosophy?

You can absolutely run those concepts AND chip. I distinctly remember a game where we just beat the absolute shit out of Crosby every play when we had a back up in.

Especially given our success with 12 and 13 personnel in recent years I don't think it's too much of an ask to get an extra set of hands to at least slow a dominant EDGE down.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 03:27 PM Today
Just want to point out last week this thread about the offense was met mostly with derision and looking the other way. Glad so many of you caught up that the offense is an issue with real issues beyond just execution that aren’t just guaranteed to improve. Brown out definitely removed a huge portion of what they installed.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:30 PM Today
Whuh? When the hell did I ever say he needed to scrap his whole philosophy?

You can absolutely run those concepts AND chip. I distinctly remember a game where we just beat the absolute shit out of Crosby every play when we had a back up in.

Especially given our success with 12 and 13 personnel in recent years I don't think it's too much of an ask to get an extra set of hands to at least slow a dominant EDGE down.
According to RunKC, they WERE doing that in the Bengals game and it still wasn't working.

And you elected to blow past that in favor of "BuT nAgY hAs InFeCtEd EvErYtHiNg!!!"

You have your scapegoat and no amount of conversation seems to be be getting through.

Aight - have fun with that.

Put any OC you want on this team and none of it means fuck-all unless/until Andy either makes some fundamental changes to how his route concepts are designed or Patrick decides to accept a bit of pressure before freaking out.

Fix THOSE issues and then you have beef with the OC if things aren't working out.

Right now Nagy is changing the drapes while the garage is on fire.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:34 PM Today
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
According to RunKC, they WERE doing that in the Bengals game and it still wasn't working.

And you elected to blow past that in favor of "BuT nAgY hAs InFeCtEd EvErYtHiNg!!!"

You have your scapegoat and no amount of conversation seems to be be getting through.

Aight - have fun with that.

Put any OC you want on this team and none of it means fuck-all unless/until Andy either makes some fundamental changes to how his route concepts are designed or Patrick decides to accept a bit of pressure before freaking out.

Fix THOSE issues and then you have beef with the OC if things aren't working out.

Right now Nagy is changing the drapes while the garage is on fire.
They ran the ball more than they threw the ball, they got rid of the ball quickly, had a few plays where Rice was actually standing in Trey’s way blocking the outside (this actually slowed him a step believe it or not), had Thuney roll to him a few times and constantly had Pacheco running to Trey’s outside shoulder on the edge.

The only mention of chipping is Rice. And, seriously, we're not beating the fuck out of him enough currently? Throw Skyy Moore out there as a meat shield before having Rice do it.
[Reply]
Page 33 of 33
« First < 232930313233
Up