ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Nzoner's Game Room>Joe Thuney removed from PUP list
RunKC 03:09 PM 07-28-2024
Wooo!

Chiefs Pro Bowl G Joe Thuney has passed his physical and is now off the PUP list as he continues to recover from his pectoral injury.

— Field Yates (@FieldYates) July 28, 2024

[Reply]
ForeverIowan 05:46 PM 07-28-2024
Originally Posted by Bump:
fantastic news!

I think this guy deserves a spot in the hall of fame. I believe he has the most rings of any active player and he's nothing but great all of the time.
Never thought of that. Why isn't he considered a future HOFer? 4 rings and counting and has been a top 3 guard in the league for several years throughout his career. The guy deserves more recognition. Does nothing but do his job at an elite level.
[Reply]
IA_Chiefs_fan 05:49 PM 07-28-2024
That is great news! I had a terrible feeling this would drag out.
[Reply]
Kman34 06:01 PM 07-28-2024
He good..
[Reply]
kysirsoze 06:19 PM 07-28-2024
Originally Posted by ForeverIowan:
Never thought of that. Why isn't he considered a future HOFer? 4 rings and counting and has been a top 3 guard in the league for several years throughout his career. The guy deserves more recognition. Does nothing but do his job at an elite level.
Probably because it's so hard to make the hall as an interior lineman. Also, until they're near the end of their careers, I don't think lineman are talked about as HoFers much. Some tackles. Jason Kelce has been for a while. Just not that common.
[Reply]
Hoover 06:31 PM 07-28-2024
I support Joe winning 4 more Super Bowls with the Chiefs to get him to 8.
[Reply]
Delano 06:39 PM 07-28-2024
If I remember right, Thuney hurt the muscle reaching to block someone Smith let by. With two young guys battling it out to start at LT, and one with a known weakness on inside moves, I really hope this thing is healed up to 100% by week 1.
[Reply]
T-post Tom 09:36 PM 07-28-2024
:-)
[Reply]
Bump 10:07 PM 07-28-2024
Originally Posted by ForeverIowan:
It took a while for Will Shields to get in. It's hard for a center or a guard. But Thuney has the jewelry and has never not been great. He should at least be on the list for it and eventually get in like Will Shields. Although I do think Will Shields was probably more dominant overall.
[Reply]
BossChief 10:31 PM 07-28-2024
He’s going to help Kingsley soo much. Going to help the kid focus on far less things and focus on what he’s good at.

Awesome that he passed his physicals.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 09:47 AM 07-29-2024
He needs a nickname. How is a guy this good for this long without a nickname?
[Reply]
alanm 09:50 AM 07-29-2024
Originally Posted by Bump:
It took a while for Will Shields to get in. It's hard for a center or a guard. But Thuney has the jewelry and has never not been great. He should at least be on the list for it and eventually get in like Will Shields. Although I do think Will Shields was probably more dominant overall.
I still can't believe Shields wasn't a 1st ballot HOF selection. Some people really whiffed on him. :-)
[Reply]
PHOG 11:44 AM 07-29-2024
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Wooo!

Excellent!!
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 12:16 PM 07-29-2024
Bodes well for the green left tackles if Thuney is a full go and back to 100 percent.
[Reply]
philfree 12:49 PM 07-29-2024
It's great news but I hope he proceeds with caution and doesn't re-injure himself. Being the Vet that he is he can pace himself until the regular season so he's 100%. That will also give the other/younger guys more reps and the coaches a chance to evaluate those players.
[Reply]
Balto 01:16 PM 07-29-2024
Pro-Football0reference has a great list of all positions and the odds of getting into the Hall.

For guards the AVG number(collection of accomplishments) is 106 but guys like Will SHields and Gene Hickerson have gotten in at around 80-87 points.

Joe currently is sitting at 46.48! Seems like why he is so low is because the lack of All-Pros(only 1) and Pro-Bowls(only 2) in his 8 seasons starting.

Most the guard HOFers have like 13+ years. I'm not sure Joe can last 5 more seasons?

IF he does and plays at a high level it still might not be enough unless he starts getting those All-Pros and Pro-Bowls........YES I know they don't mean anything BUT history shows it does when Hall of Fame voting happens.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up