ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 116 of 116
« First < 1666106112113114115116
Nzoner's Game Room>*****Official 2024 Royals Season Repository Thread*****
ChiefsCountry 11:36 AM 01-01-2024

Year Two of the Matt Quatraro tenure. Time to take a step up this year. Active in free agency and trades this offseason. A new look pitching rotation and bullpen. Will the young players take the leap up offensively? Bobby Witt extension? New stadium? Will Vinny recover from injury? Salvy taking aim at the Royals record book? Will Cole Ragans turn into the best Royals starting pitcher since Greinke 1.0?

Free Agents/Trades Acquisitions
Seth Lugo, SP
Michael Wacha, SP
Kyle Wright, SP
Hunter Renfroe, OF/DH
Will Smith, RP
Chris Stratton, RP
Nick Anderson, RP
Adam Frazier, 2B
Garrett Hampson, INF/OF
Matt Sauer, RP
[Reply]
cmh6476 01:56 PM Today
Schrieber to the DL and Will Klein recalled
[Reply]
cmh6476 02:11 PM Today

5 years ago today the Royals smacked around Trevor Bauer so bad that he did this pic.twitter.com/bogyTsGyCC

— 643Royals (@643royals) July 29, 2024

[Reply]
dlphg9 02:21 PM Today
Can't believe we traded the one guy that could have been great in the bullpen. Traded him for half a season of a finesse dude that walks way too many batters and can't strike guys out.

Forget everything I said about not fucking up the farm system with trading guys. Piccolo will definitely do that.
[Reply]
BWillie 02:26 PM Today
Thinking about going to a A-ball or AA-ball game if Caglianone gets there this year.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 02:40 PM Today
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Can't believe we traded the one guy that could have been great in the bullpen. Traded him for half a season of a finesse dude that walks way too many batters and can't strike guys out.

Forget everything I said about not ****ing up the farm system with trading guys. Piccolo will definitely do that.
Are you dating Walter Pennington?
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 03:06 PM Today
Originally Posted by PHOG:
If we subtract the Royals record vs CWS (9-1 by my count), the Royals are exactly at .500 :-)
Twins are the same story. Also 9-1 against the ChiSox and .500 against everyone else.

Cleveland, weirdly, is .500 against Chicago.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:21 PM Today
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Twins are the same story. Also 9-1 against the ChiSox and .500 against everyone else.

Cleveland, weirdly, is .500 against Chicago.
So if you put the Royals record against every team they've played at the inverse of that teams winning percentage (i.e. if the team has played .600 ball and the Royals have played 10 games against them, they'd be 4-6 under this experiment) the Royals have actually out-performed their opponents season record by a little bit.

The Royals record is 57-49. Just giving them the inverse of their opponents winning percentage has them at 55-51. So they're two games better than the 'baseline' quality of their opposition.

I have no earthly idea what that means, but I find it somewhat interesting nonetheless. Kinda curious to do it for the Cardinals but honestly, it'll take like 5 minutes to enter the data and that's more time than I want to put into those assholes.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:26 PM Today
The Cardinals record inverted from their opponents would be 53-52. Their actual record is 54-51.

What this is kinda telling me is that maybe all these teams that are neither very good or very bad are just kinda a product of their schedule.
[Reply]
PHOG 03:35 PM Today
This has me "concerned". Hopefully they're up to the task, because we're going to need them.

Originally Posted by :
Seth Lugo is about to hit a career-high in innings pitched, Cole Ragans has never pitched this many innings in a pro season, and Michael Wacha hasn’t pitched as many as 135 innings in a season since 2017.
https://www.royalsreview.com/2024/7/...chael-lorenzen
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 03:40 PM Today
This has me "concerned". Hopefully they're up to the task, because we're going to need them.

Maybe we're all reading this wrong. Maybe they're going to a 6-man rotation.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:40 PM Today

Lugo is gonna get CY votes. That's some pretty incredible work by the Royals scouting and/or development team.

Man, look at how bizarre the AL pitching is this year.

1-10 in AL WAR for pitching:

Skubal, Fedde (traded), Tyler Anderson, Seth Lugo, Crochet, Burnes, Ragans, Singer, Blanco, Gilbert.

Skubal, Crochet and Ragans are legit breakouts. Singer is WAR via bulk in a lot of ways, but maybe a breakout in his own right.

The only 'expected' guy in that entire group is Burnes and maybe Gilbert (though I think most would've had him 3rd on his own squad behind Kirby and Castillo). Fedde and Anderson are journeymen. Blanco was an organizational afterthought by the Astros who got shoved into the rotation because nobody was left as a 30 yr old with 60 career innings. He doesn't even qualify as a journeyman.

I mean anybody with a strong finishing kick seems capable of winning the CY. Skubal's clearly in the driver's seat but damn man, Lugo could really win that thing.

(But Taj Bradley's comin' in hot; don't think he can win it with only about 135 IP by seasons end likely, but man he's been good this year...)
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:42 PM Today
Has Alec Marsh ever demonstrated that he belongs in a big league rotation, though? I mean he wasn't even particularly good in the minor leagues.

His entire career just looks like an organizational arm with some relief innings at his apex.

I'm not sure what KC sees here.
[Reply]
poolboy 03:43 PM Today

yep...maybe that explains Lorenzen...give em some more rest...Bubic might be ready in a pinch too
[Reply]
PHOG 03:46 PM Today
That's been mentioned in an article I read earlier (maybe in this one, I don't remember), after the Lorenzen trade, but mostly speculation, I think. Just in an emergency, the way I remember reading it.
[Reply]
Page 116 of 116
« First < 1666106112113114115116
Up