ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 44 of 44
« First < 344041424344
Nzoner's Game Room>Schefter: Hopkins to Chiefs
Pooch 04:50 AM Yesterday
Let’s go

It’s happening: Titans and Chiefs are working to finalize a trade that would send WR DeAndre Hopkins to Kansas City, league sources tell ESPN. pic.twitter.com/aEeKEgI2D8

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) October 23, 2024

Sources: #Titans WR DeAndre Hopkins is being traded to the #Chiefs in exchange for a 5th rounder that can get to a fourth rounder. Deal is being finalized.

A key veteran who could be the final piece, Hopkins name has been hot in the trade market. Now, he lands with the champs. pic.twitter.com/GRvRbUwux6

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) October 23, 2024

[Reply]
TEX 07:11 AM Today
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
Hopkins has 11 games in the regular season here. Call it 10.5 for the short week this week. He could easily average 60 yards a game. That puts him at about 650 yards, maybe 3-5 TDs as a Chief. To me that’s being conservative. This an offense that moves the ball pretty well and I will expect a decent amount of targets for him.
Yep. He's a chain mover.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 07:16 AM Today
Originally Posted by TEX:
D-Hop beats man coverage by running precise routes and pushing off at the last second to get separation. He's made it an art.
I think it’s more a matter of mahomes trusting his wr to make a play. Especially at Hopkins’ age it will mean Mahomes throwing to Hopkins even if he doesn’t technically look open because more often than not Hopkins’ bigger value is contested catches in man. Most QBs in the league have a wr who can work to get the ball. Mahomes hasn’t really had that on the outside. So it’ll be real interesting to see if Mahomes will embrace it. Some assume he’ll never be a chuck it up guy. I personally think he would but just hasn’t had the weapon most QBs have had to do it.
[Reply]
wazu 07:18 AM Today
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
Hopkins has 11 games in the regular season here. Call it 10.5 for the short week this week. He could easily average 60 yards a game. That puts him at about 650 yards, maybe 3-5 TDs as a Chief. To me that’s being conservative. This an offense that moves the ball pretty well and I will expect a decent amount of targets for him.
This is not in any way conservative, it's about as bullish as anybody could reasonably be. If he does this, then the trade is a home run. He can actually do quite a bit less and trade is still very good. He's been averaging less than 25 yards per game this year, and has injury question marks. 50 yards per game would represent a massive leap in production on a new team in a new offense.
[Reply]
Straight, No Chaser 07:19 AM Today
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
So did Calvin Ridley magically fall off a cliff coincidentally at the same time, or does their qb just flat out suck in the new system?
Guess we will find out if he has according to MegaTron enough left for "700 or so yards in KC and 6-8 TDs".

I'll be happy as hell if he can stay on the field and contribute something. I trust Andy to find his weaknesses now and put him positions to succeed.
[Reply]
Page 44 of 44
« First < 344041424344
Up