ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 32 of 32
« First < 222829303132
Nzoner's Game Room>Andy Reid called me, and he asked CP to fix the offense.
Direckshun 07:39 AM Yesterday
I think we can all agree the offense has not been up to par this season.

At this point, there's only so much we can do about it. Our best WR got injured and is missing the season, our best RB is out until December, our LT situation is messy and our stud TE is looking his age.

So, is this who we are now? Is 30 points a game a distant memory?

What can be done?

(Andy Reid is lurking in this thread, so make sure you're on your best behavior.)
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:58 PM Today
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch:
Yeah, Reid has some annoying tendencies that are prone to getting him in trouble from time to time, that's why I'd like for him to hire an OC that isn't a pity hire nut hugging sycophant. Someone that brings ANYTHING of value. Because it sure as shit hasn't been Matt Nagy the last couple years.
"I'm going to continue to get mad at an OC for not overriding the HC with the best resume in football..."

In what world do you think there's a scenario where ANY OC shows up in KC and starts telling Andy Reid what to do?

You're barking up the wrong tree because he's an easier target. It's no different than blaming Kadarius Toney for balls that Mahomes refused to throw last year.

Someone being generally great doesn't make them beyond reproach.

To whatever extent you MUST extract a pound of flesh from someone here, Andy Reid is the guy you have to get it from. This isn't on Matt Nagy.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 01:58 PM Today
Originally Posted by O.city:
Can I offer you two 1's for Rashawn Slater? That deal get done?
Shit he's starting to look injury prone.

I was really hoping that Dion Dawkins wasn't a lying sack of ass and Buffalo had really cut him. Woulda signed him before he got out of their building.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:58 PM Today
Originally Posted by O.city:
Can I offer you two 1's for Rashawn Slater? That deal get done?
Jim Harbaugh is a crazy person so...probably not.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:59 PM Today
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
I mean we really don't know that. Mahomes loves the guy.

That's maybe what is frustrating, the mystery of what Nagy does or doesn't do.

But I gotta tell ya, 2 out of 3 playoff seasons in Chicago with Trubisky is looking better and better by the week. That franchise is less than.
I couldn't give any less of a fuck if Mahomes loves the guy. Peyton Manning loved Adam Gase. Aaron Rodgers loves Nathaniel Hackett. In fact, it makes me pretty fucking leery when I hear that nonsense.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 02:06 PM Today
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
"I'm going to continue to get mad at an OC for not overriding the HC with the best resume in football..."

In what world do you think there's a scenario where ANY OC shows up in KC and starts telling Andy Reid what to do?

You're barking up the wrong tree because he's an easier target. It's no different than blaming Kadarius Toney for balls that Mahomes refused to throw last year.

Someone being generally great doesn't make them beyond reproach.

To whatever extent you MUST extract a pound of flesh from someone here, Andy Reid is the guy you have to get it from. This isn't on Matt Nagy.
Andy Reid and Patrick Mahomes need to fix their shit. The difference is they've earned the benefit of the doubt that I believe they will.

Nagy has done absolutely nothing to earn the same good will and from where I'm sitting his stench is permeating the offense right now, and I ain't the only one.
[Reply]
RunKC 02:11 PM Today
Yeah I’m watching the Bengals game. They didn’t exactly leave Kingsley out to die. They helped him quite a bit.

They ran the ball more than they threw the ball, they got rid of the ball quickly, had a few plays where Rice was actually standing in Trey’s way blocking the outside (this actually slowed him a step believe it or not), had Thuney roll to him a few times and constantly had Pacheco running to Trey’s outside shoulder on the edge.

One of the times Kingsley got beat before he was benched was when Pacheco went to his side and Trey beat him inside. The holding the next play pretty much sealed the deal, but Mahomes backpedaled and rolled out (Kelce play that was nullified).

They tried to help Kingsley
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:14 PM Today
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Yeah I’m watching the Bengals game. They didn’t exactly leave Kingsley out to die. They helped him quite a bit.
Better you than me.

I don't have the heart to watch that one again.

The best thing that can be said about the offense against Atlanta is that it looked better than the offense against Cincy. That game was just ghastly.

I watched it in person and the broadcast once. That's all I've got in me.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 02:16 PM Today
Sooo what you're saying is they essentially had Rashee Rice (pfft) get in his way a couple times....

Yeah, the Commanders did all of the above AND had their second tight end constantly chipping. Because Hendrickson is the only difference maker they have left on that defense.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:18 PM Today
Sooo what you're saying is they essentially had Rashee Rice (pfft) get in his way a couple times....

Yeah, the Commanders did all of the above AND had their second tight end constantly chipping. Because Hendrickson is the only difference maker they have left on that defense.
Just so I'm clear here.

You believe it's Matt Nagy that is the reason those things didn't happen?
[Reply]
Balto 02:18 PM Today
I know many hate PFF but I thought this was interesting...

2024 1st and 2nd round tackles:

#5: Joe Alt, 77.0 PFF
#7: JC Latham, 72.8 PFF
#11: Olumuyiwa Fashanu, 70.8 PFF
#14: Taliese Fuaga, 70.4 PFF
#18: Amarius Mims, 47.7 PFF
#20: Troy Fautanu, 64.4 PFF
#29: Tyler Guyton, 55.1 PFF

#55: Patrick Paul, 60.0 PFF
#59: Blake Fisher, Has not played
#62: Roger Rosengarten, 52.4 PFF

Chiefs tackles:
Draft #63 Kingsley, 41.0 PFF
Wayna Morris, 57.0 PFF
Jawaan Taylor, 61.1 PFF

For Fun:
OBJ, 67.4 PFF
Trent Williams, 83.4 PFF
Tunsil, 61.6 PFF
Wylie, 64.4 PFF
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 02:20 PM Today
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Just so I'm clear here.

You believe it's Matt Nagy that is the reason those things didn't happen?
No. It's the entire offensive staff failing from Reid on down.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:22 PM Today
No. It's the entire offensive staff failing from Reid on down.
But replacing Matt Nagy will solve that?

Or is this just bitching for the sake of bitching?
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 02:23 PM Today
Nagy is terrible
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 02:24 PM Today
Solve it? Absolutely not, but I think a better OC mitigates some of these trends and we can do far better than a pity hire flame out. Maybe I'm wrong and Reid will just replace him with another sycophant. (Looking right at Doug Pederson)
[Reply]
Page 32 of 32
« First < 222829303132
Up