ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 6
« First < 23456
Nzoner's Game Room>Should I Grant A Full Refund On A Non Refundable Airbnb Rental in Helene Hit West NC
BigRichard 03:18 PM Today
Lets see what Chiefsplanet says on this one...

We have an Airbnb up in Western North Carolina where hurricane Helene hit and has done so much damage. We rented to a lady who chose to pick a non-refundable purchase which gave her a discount at the time of her booking. We are currently up and operational minus our hot tub. We are not filling those for a number of reasons due to the issues with Helene and our renters' agreements states we do not give refunds for things of that nature. Her stay isn't until the 20th and it is about a $1100 payout.

The guest asked for a full refund because she doesn't want to travel here, and she is stating she can't get here but she can. She may have to take a slight detour from the normal route but she can get here.

Airbnb has stated we don't have to give her any type of refund since she did select the non-refundable option. Would you give the full refund? Half a refund? None of it?

We have given others full refunds and/or credit for other stays but she is the only one who got a discount for booking as non-refundable.
[Reply]
Frazod 07:34 PM Today
About twenty years ago we stayed at a mountain cabin in Black Mountain near Asheville. Beautiful area. I've been to a lot the places that got wiped out by this goddamn storm. It's terrible to see all the before and after shots.
[Reply]
BigRichard 07:35 PM Today
Originally Posted by Frazod:
About twenty years ago we stayed at a mountain cabin in Black Mountain near Asheville. Beautiful area. I've been to a lot the places that got wiped out by this goddamn storm. It's terrible to see all the before and after shots.
It is a great area. We have a house just up and behind the cabins. I love our house... my wife... ehhh... she is such a city girl.

Places along the rivers just got hammered. One of my favorite places to visit is the Chimney Rock area and it is all gone. We almost bought a hotel down there instead of the cabins we did. I guess we lucked out there.
[Reply]
Iowanian 07:37 PM Today
Trade her a full refund for a picture of her butthole.

Character is what you do when no one is looking. Legally, you can stick it in and unwrinckle her guts, but under the circumstances I think you’re a dick for not giving at least most of the money back.

Treating her right might result in 25 more rentals for you when she tells the world you did the right thing. Otherwise, her knitting message board might be searching for your information to nuke you online.
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 07:42 PM Today
Originally Posted by BigRichard:
It is a great area. We have a house just up and behind the cabins. I love our house... my wife... ehhh... she is such a city girl.

Places along the rivers just got hammered. One of my favorite places to visit is the Chimney Rock area and it is all gone. We almost bought a hotel down there instead of the cabins we did. I guess we lucked out there.
That part really saddened me. Chimney Rock is an amazing place with a lot great people. Enjoyed being able to spend time getting away. And yea, it’s gone. From the looks of the footage I’ve seen it’s going to be a years long clean up and rebuild.

Also saw one area where the river actually moved about 100 yards from its normal flow area. That’s some serious power. Glad your area was able to,avoid the devastation.
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 07:43 PM Today
Done!
Appreciate it, big R!
[Reply]
BigRichard 07:44 PM Today
Chimney Rock before and after

[Reply]
UteChief 07:54 PM Today
Holy shit!
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 08:03 PM Today
Yea… I feel there are going to be a few thousand folks that may never be found. The videos taken remind me of the Phuket, Thailand tsunami.
[Reply]
threebag 08:10 PM Today
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Take the money and run.
Don’t be a dumb fuck, like this Cuck…
[Reply]
Frazod 08:16 PM Today
Chimney Rock before and after

I'm pretty sure I've stopped there. That's just heartbreaking. :-)
[Reply]
tyreekthefreak 08:58 PM Today
Sounds like you can afford the loss....give her the money back or tell her you're giving it all to the relief effort. Keeping it makes you look like a greedy pig!

Posting about it confirms you're an asshole!
[Reply]
Dartgod 09:03 PM Today
Originally Posted by tyreekthefreak:
Sounds like you can afford the loss....give her the money back or tell her you're giving it all to the relief effort. Keeping it makes you look like a greedy pig!

Posting about it confirms you're an asshole!
Tell me you only skimmed this thread without telling me...
[Reply]
Page 6 of 6
« First < 23456
Up