ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 8
« First < 45678
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs restructure Taylor
siberian khatru 06:16 AM Today

With cap space tight after the DeAndre Hopkins trade, the Chiefs restructured the contract of OT Jawaan Taylor by converting salary into a signing bonus, creating $5.3M in 2024 room.

— Field Yates (@FieldYates) October 25, 2024

via GIPHY

[Reply]
TwistedChief 10:53 AM Today
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Oh I'm not saying he's a top 3 right tackle. Just that he's been good at pass protection.
Totally agreed. We can acknowledge that he’s been much better without exaggerating how good he is.
[Reply]
O.city 10:57 AM Today
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
But again, that’s not the only metric by which you judge a RT. And even there, he’s not in the top 3!

And that’s ignoring penalties, run blocking, and the fact that the best pass rushers are naturally going to skew toward feasting on our LT situation.
Today's NFL has pass rushers over each side. He's getting his fair share of reps against whoever.

And he's a high level pass blocking RT. Outside the penalties, some of which are nitpicky, he's a really good player.
[Reply]
Hoover 11:09 AM Today
The same guy who tells me that Hollywood will be back for the Texans game is also telling me that Toub is pounding him hand on the table for special teams gunner.
[Reply]
ChiefaRoo 11:15 AM Today
Originally Posted by JPH83:
Nah, he's not top 3 even without the penalties. With them he isn't close.
Well, can he dunk?
[Reply]
tredadda 11:20 AM Today
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Are you high?

PFF has him rated as the 59th best tackle overall.
He’s not Top 3, but is this an instance when we acknowledge PFF grades, or we ignore them?
[Reply]
ChiefaRoo 11:25 AM Today
He’s better than Wiley.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 11:43 AM Today
Originally Posted by JPH83:
Yep. Without the penalties he's fine, with them he's not. I've no idea how this idea has come about that he's some elite RT, which is what we're saying if he's top 3.

He's a million miles away from Sewell and Johnson. Guys like Braden Smith are still better and someone like Zach Tom is playing at a better level.

He's been decent in pass pro this year. He's NEVER been a top 3 RT.
He seems..., fine.

Pretty good pass blocker when not get penalties, which he's gotten a lot. Some his fault, some it seems he has been singled out. The penalties on OL across the league has been a bit strange the last couple of years.

The biggest issue really is being overpaid and that's not really his fault.

I don't really even blame BV. KC had zero starting quality caliber tackles on the roster and BV paid a premium to lock Taylor up the moment FA started. I don't think that was unreasonable.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 11:44 AM Today
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brioni:
Why the hell would a Lion team that wants a title do this? Just stop and think...
Because Bart Peach makes teams very nervous. Look at what he’s done to Buffalololo alone. Yet they continue to double down and do it again. Bunt Screech is an intimidating mother fucker! Don’t ever doubt him
[Reply]
el borracho 11:44 AM Today
Did they get permission from Travis?
[Reply]
Marcellus 11:56 AM Today
Originally Posted by FloridaMan88:
CB more likely than another WR.

The Watson injury is a big loss.
CB is probably the deepest position on the entire team.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 8
« First < 45678
Up