ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 80 of 80
« First < 30707677787980
Nzoner's Game Room>Rashee Rice [arrested and now out on bail]
DaFace 04:02 PM 04-10-2024
The other thread is a dumpster fire. I'm sure this will become one as well, but might as well start with a clean slate. I'll at least try to keep the OP updated with any notable news. Feel free to PM me if I miss anything good.

Arrest warrant and potential charges:
Spoiler!

Analysis from a defense attorney:
Spoiler!

Turned himself in and now out on bail:
Spoiler!

Random minutiae:
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Bump 02:52 PM Today
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Further proves what I've been saying about the 8 games rumor. It would be the most egregious arbitrary suspension in NFL history.
it would be and I fear they would do it for optics because of the Chiefs success, other team's fans bitch non stop about how they believe the NFL favors the Chiefs. Even though it's pretty obvious that they don't but with success comes the bitching.
[Reply]
Bowser 02:52 PM Today
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Oh I've posted the list a couple times in various threads.

Bottom line is that the actual precedent for this kind of thing is 1 game, 2 games tops.

And the league with all its butt-fuckery will probably give Rice 4 because...Reasons. Hunt will take it and both Rice and his attorneys will contritely claim they've grown and matured from the experience and the world will keep turning.

But even 4 doesn't have an established basis. Just Goodell dropping the bomb on his good soldier owner Clark.

I still wonder if his willingness to eat shit on stuff like this is what got him the gig as head of the finance committee. I just can't understand why a now established owner from a respected NFL family constantly gets whacked around like a red-headed step-child by the league. And just does it with a smile on his face.
"Hey Clark? How bad do you want that threepeat, because I'm thinking 8 games for Rashee, negotiated down to 6, sounds pretty fair for a team that's about to do something no other team has ever done in the history of this sport. If you're picking up what I'm laying down, that is."
[Reply]
staylor26 03:03 PM Today
Also, just want to point out that there was WAY more outrage over Rice than Sutton. Most people don't even know about the Sutton story. It's not like the Lions are irrelevant any more either.

It's all because Rice is a Chief, and our success.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:05 PM Today
Originally Posted by Bowser:
"Hey Clark? How bad do you want that threepeat, because I'm thinking 8 games for Rashee, negotiated down to 6, sounds pretty fair for a team that's about to do something no other team has ever done in the history of this sport. If you're picking up what I'm laying down, that is."
For a 3-peat you could hang his ass from a yardarm for all I care.

Do we still hang people from yardarms?
[Reply]
Rain Man 03:15 PM Today

I think so, but only in certain private membership clubs.
[Reply]
O.city 03:16 PM Today
Also, just want to point out that there was WAY more outrage over Rice than Sutton. Most people don't even know about the Sutton story. It's not like the Lions are irrelevant any more either.

Isn't he a Steeler?
[Reply]
KCUnited 03:29 PM Today
Shee good
[Reply]
Easy 6 03:36 PM Today

No, in our modern enlightenment we've moved on from yardarms

We now prefer a good ol' gibbeting
[Reply]
Direckshun 04:04 PM Today

I mean, it's not all because he's a Chief. He could have killed someone.
[Reply]
staylor26 04:52 PM Today
Originally Posted by O.city:
Isn't he a Steeler?
No, signed with the Lions last offseason.
[Reply]
staylor26 04:53 PM Today
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
I mean, it's not all because he's a Chief. He could have killed someone.
Oh yea, and what about the guy that choked a bitch?

At least if Rashee did, it would've been an accident.

100% fake/selective outrage.
[Reply]
RunKC 05:06 PM Today
Looking at the bright side here: Rice being out for any number of games will force Xavier Worthy to get more snaps which will help him become acclimated to the offense faster.

That will pay dividends when Rice gets back
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 05:18 PM Today
No, signed with the Lions last offseason.
Yes he did. But he was released by the Lions after his arrest. He has since signed as a FA to go back to the Steelers.
[Reply]
staylor26 05:24 PM Today
Originally Posted by Fansy the Famous Bard:
Yes he did. But he was released by the Lions after his arrest. He has since signed as a FA to go back to the Steelers.
Didn't know the Steelers re-signed him, and I was aware the Lions had released him, but the point is that he was a Lion when the news broke.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 05:24 PM Today
Cameron Sutton got 8 games after being charged with "Felony Domestic Battery by Strangulation"

Fellas, that's a LOT worse than what Rice did.

This should be 2 games tops. May be 4 games. But if the league's letting Sutton off with 1/2 a season when he choked a woman out, it's hard to justify them 'dropping the hammer' on Rashee.
Yeah, agree completely on 2 tops. Anything over that should be appealed immediately.
[Reply]
Page 80 of 80
« First < 30707677787980
Up