ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 82 of 82
« First < 32727879808182
Nzoner's Game Room>Tourist(s) missing in submarine while trying to reach the Titannic
Ming the Merciless 10:45 AM 06-19-2023
https://www.ctvnews.ca/world/u-s-coa...-sub-1.6446841

Originally Posted by :
A search and rescue operation is currently underway to locate a submarine that went missing during an expedition to the Titanic.
The U.S. Coast Guard was looking for the submarine Monday morning after it disappeared during the expedition from St. John's, N.L. The infamous 1912 wreck is located more than 600 kilometres southeast of the province in the North Atlantic Ocean.
The trip to the Titanic was being run by OceanGate Expeditions, a U.S.-based company. It uses a five-person submersible named Titan to reach the wreckage 3,800 metres below the surface. OceanGate's website advertises a seven-night voyage to the Titanic for US$250,000 per person, or approximately CA$330,000.
"We are exploring and mobilizing all options to bring the crew back safely," an OceanGate spokesperson said in an email to CTV News. "Our entire focus is on the crewmembers in the submersible and their families."

Those tours are a series of five eight-day missions to the Titanic with the money raised by tourists going towards Titanic research. Posts on social media show the ship launched from the St. John's area last week.

Did they really have 5 people in this?? Or do they have a larger version??

[Reply]
jdubya 02:16 PM 05-29-2024
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
You don't like billionaires?
Everybody would love to be one but envy will rear its ugly head lol
[Reply]
RedinTexas 02:45 PM 05-29-2024
Originally Posted by Shiver Me Timbers:
I have no interest in going to the bottom of the ocean or to the moon. Are these guys just bored? Ran out of things to do/ Been there Done that, whats next?
I honestly don't get it.
It's a scientific experiment. Think of him as Schrodinger's billionaire.
[Reply]
srvy 04:05 PM 05-29-2024
It's a sub not built with parts acquired from Home Depot and old game console parts. I don't understand the attraction of sunken ships viewed through a 6-inch diameter porthole eliminated by a flood light powered by a battery that also powers your propulsion. Robotic subs with cameras bring back a better view. If it does go south and the bubble pops it seems a painless way to check out. You become a sea creature slushie before your brain can register it happened.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 05-29-2024, 05:38 PM
This message has been deleted by GloryDayz. Reason: Wrong place...
Iowanian 07:56 PM 05-29-2024
I still assume when this boat cracked, it looked like a gold fish shitting in an aquarium.
[Reply]
notorious 08:13 PM 05-29-2024
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Hope they sprung for Sega Genesis controllers
6 button FTW.

Best damn controller ever.
[Reply]
Monticore 07:32 AM 05-30-2024
[QUOTE=notorious;17534616]6 button FTW.

Best damn controller ever

I liked my ColecoVison controller

[/
[Reply]
Lzen 08:22 AM 05-30-2024
Originally Posted by Pablo:
Can’t wait to see some more dead billionaires. They deserve it
Now if we could just get bill gates to try this.
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 08:28 AM 05-30-2024
They really should look into hosting one of the Presidential debates on one of these things.
[Reply]
tmax63 08:30 AM 05-30-2024
Originally Posted by srvy:
It's a sub not built with parts acquired from Home Depot and old game console parts. I don't understand the attraction of sunken ships viewed through a 6-inch diameter porthole eliminated by a flood light powered by a battery that also powers your propulsion. Robotic subs with cameras bring back a better view. If it does go south and the bubble pops it seems a painless way to check out. You become a sea creature slushie before your brain can register it happened.
Agree except for those few minutes of metallic groans and noises made when it's getting close to happening.
[Reply]
MIAdragon 08:32 AM 05-30-2024
Originally Posted by Shiver Me Timbers:
I have no interest in going to the bottom of the ocean or to the moon. Are these guys just bored? Ran out of things to do/ Been there Done that, whats next?
I honestly don't get it.
I'd definitely be down to take a ride.
[Reply]
seamonster 08:43 AM 05-30-2024
Originally Posted by tmax63:
Agree except for those few minutes of metallic groans and noises made when it's getting close to happening.
About a week after this debacle I took a tourist sub to the bottom of a reef. Pretty amazing experience. Saw white tipped sharks, rays, and a ship wreck. Would recommend highly if you've got kids and need something to do.
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:13 AM 05-30-2024
Need Another Seven Assholes
[Reply]
Rain Man 10:45 AM 05-30-2024
Originally Posted by seamonster:
About a week after this debacle I took a tourist sub to the bottom of a reef. Pretty amazing experience. Saw white tipped sharks, rays, and a ship wreck. Would recommend highly if you've got kids and need something to do.
Was it here?

I did one in Barbados a decade or so ago. It was a learning experience. I expected a lot of coral and sea life and stuff, but it was mostly just dirt that was underwater.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 06:59 AM Yesterday

Newly released footage of Oceangate’s Titan submersible on the sea floorpic.twitter.com/4uF7PrbRRl

— Today Years Old (@todayyearsoldig) September 18, 2024

[Reply]
Page 82 of 82
« First < 32727879808182
Up