ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 156 of 156
« First < 56106146152153154155156
Nzoner's Game Room>Who should we trade for if Rice is out?
Titty Meat 03:10 PM 09-29-2024
Discuss...
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 07:16 PM Today
Those three picks we get in the top 65 or so are probably gonna be long term starters. Or it’s a trade up situation and becomes two. Either way, gonna be key pieces as the 2021 draft class breaks up a bit and 2022 is on deck.
[Reply]
493rd 07:17 PM Today
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
does it ****ing matter?

He's gone.

If you think Veach isn't trying to improve the team, that's your opinion, but I think Veach's history and track record should speak for itself.

If they didn't want Cooper, they didn't want Cooper. Not a good fit, whatever, take your pick.

If they really wanted him, yeah, they could have given a second, I guess. Or the Titans' third.

They didn't. Move on. The Chiefs have.
I have and it’s not the end of the world. But it’s also not realistic to believe we can be as bad on offense this year as last given the competition in the AFC and expect to beat other high powered teams like Buffalo, Houston, or Baltimore in the playoffs. I don’t trust rolling with who we’ve got this year. We need more firepower. Hope Veach does something.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:17 PM Today
Originally Posted by 493rd:
Yes, and Meck said our 2nd was basically a 3rd. But the Bills 3rd is basically a 4th so obviously the Browns weren’t that concerned about compensation.
If you consider that every year, all of the scouts and experts estimate there are somewhere in the neighborhood of 20 or so first round talents...yeah, our first is not really likely to be first round talent. And so on in the second. And so on, and so on.

I suppose at some point the talent gets bunched closer and so perhaps it doesn't matter as much, but it sure seems to when it comes to trying to do trades.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:18 PM Today
It's called fucking patience. How sad would it be if we gave up that Titan 3rd for Amari Cooper only to find out the Panthers would have given up Johnson for less.
[Reply]
493rd 07:19 PM Today
Oh, and let’s not forget that 24’ Kelce seems worse than 23’ Kelce. We need another WR.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:20 PM Today
Originally Posted by 493rd:
I have and it’s not the end of the world. But it’s also not realistic to believe we can be as bad on offense this year as last given the competition in the AFC and expect to beat other high powered teams like Buffalo or Baltimore in the playoffs. I don’t trust rolling with who we’ve got this year. We need more firepower. Hope Veach does something.
Everyone hopes and expects him to do SOMETHING.

I'd be really surprised if it was a BIG NAME WR1 type. Especially not carrying a huge salary.

Look for either a younger guy with upside, or a steady but unspectacular veteran to just play the role of steady eddie.
[Reply]
Fishels 07:23 PM Today
We need 2 WR imo
[Reply]
Nirvana58 07:24 PM Today
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Well, see, that's because OUR second is really a third.

This is the hill we have to climb in any trade scenario.
We have a 3rd round pick from Titans. That is way higher pick than the Bills 3rd rounder. It would not cost a 2nd and we had an extra 3rd.

Like I said before. Unless we have something in the works. It was a trade that should have been made. We need the bodies at WR.
[Reply]
Page 156 of 156
« First < 56106146152153154155156
Up