ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 13
« First < 3910111213
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Jared Wiley Thread*****
Dante84 11:38 AM 04-27-2024
More to come!

I keep thinking Jared Wiley (TE-TCU) would be a really good understudy to Travis Kelce.

Both former QBs, both very good option-route guys who understand spacing and timing, and Wiley has an athletic profile similar to Kelce (long, lean, vertical speed). Wiley isn't the blocker…

— Matt Miller (@nfldraftscout) April 17, 2024

Sleeper pick in this year's draft? ��

TE Jared Wiley from TCU @dpbrugler��: https://t.co/wG42iYu34u pic.twitter.com/GLyvAu9pB4

— NFL on FOX Podcast (@NFLonFOXPod) April 11, 2024

The Chiefs have a new TE! Here's what you need to know about the Chiefs 4th round pick, Jared Wiley! ��

(fueled by @Holladay1856) pic.twitter.com/MIJRYRSMUt

— KC Sports Network (@KCSportsNetwork) April 27, 2024

Chiefs Fourth Round Draft Pick Jared Wiley https://t.co/njJcuEaKDT

— Matt Derrick (@mattderrick) April 27, 2024

The TE with the most TDs in college football this past season? Jared Wiley �� pic.twitter.com/Hm6CPzrpWG

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) :-)516147978453?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 27, 2024

[Reply]
IA_Chiefs_fan 01:11 PM 07-06-2024
I'm so optimistic about our present and future offense. We're putting together some young talent that will support Mahomes for years to come. Wiley has a real chance to be a big part of our future.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 03:40 PM 07-06-2024
Originally Posted by Hoover:
I agree with this.

They look at Kelce and get a glimmer of hope that he will retire soon or at least slow down a bit, if the Chiefs find a replacement in the 4th round AND have Kelce around to mentor the kid - it sucks the hope out of our opponents.
Slowing down isn't really the issue with Kelce. It's taking the hits. Clearly the Chiefs will protect him with a pitch count in the same way NE protected Gronk. Fortunately Kelce has been much more durable than Gronk at this point in their careers.

Chiefs are ahead of the game.
[Reply]
xztop123 06:46 PM 07-06-2024
How tall is he? One of the taller in the nfl? Maybe mahomes can throw those impossible to guard throws him him that he does Kelce where the coverage is perfect it’s just placed perfectly
[Reply]
BWillie 07:04 PM 07-06-2024
I'm excited about Wiley long term as a Kelce replacement but for this year we finally just have a tall athletic mofo we can throw a jump ball to.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 10:52 PM 07-06-2024
Originally Posted by xztop123:
How tall is he? One of the taller in the nfl? Maybe mahomes can throw those impossible to guard throws him him that he does Kelce where the coverage is perfect it’s just placed perfectly
Just pure assumption but he's close to Gronkowski's height
[Reply]
Kiimo 07:00 AM Yesterday
He's an inch taller than Kelce. In fact his measurements are extremely similar.

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/travis...6-3a14cdb414dd

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/jared-...b-be0cb1a9ec84

I do love how they both "do not come out of their breaks well" lol

edit: meanwhile Zack Kuntz is the best testing TE since they kept numbers and he has accumulated zero stats so far
[Reply]
RealSNR 08:44 AM Yesterday
Originally Posted by :
Kelce has been a tremendous run blocker throughout his career for the Bearcats
I was told by all the KITTLE'S BLOCKING morons that Kelce is a liability at blocking
[Reply]
Pablo 08:51 AM Yesterday
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
I was told by all the KITTLE'S BLOCKING morons that Kelce is a liability at blocking
If you think Kittle's blocking was the most impressive thing you've ever seen lemme tell you about this Gronk guy and all the SWEET AMAZING BLOCKING he did.
[Reply]
Hoover 09:23 AM Yesterday
Blocking and being defined as a "complete TE" are terms created by agents looking for big contracts. I'm a Hawkeye fan. Love Kittle. Love all the TEs that Iowa has produced, butI get so fucking pissed when people tell me anyone is better than Kelce. Frankly its just like all the people who were not disturbed by Biden's decline. I'm not an idiot. I can see it with my own eyes. Don't piss on me and tell me its raining.
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:46 AM Yesterday
Blocking and being defined as a "complete TE" are terms created by agents looking for big contracts. I'm a Hawkeye fan. Love Kittle. Love all the TEs that Iowa has produced, butI get so fucking pissed when people tell me anyone is better than Kelce. Frankly its just like all the people who were not disturbed by Biden's decline. I'm not an idiot. I can see it with my own eyes. Don't piss on me and tell me its raining.
Look, I get it.

Kelce had some off-field troubles in college. He signed up for a cringey knock-off of The Bachelor very early in his career. He's a smooth dancer. He lines up out wide probably more than any other TE. So people have this image in their heads that he's all finesse and "not a real TE."

And that's just not true. He's a decent blocker. Give him a blocking job to do and he'll execute it. But why would we do that when we can use him as a receiver? It's not Kelce's fault that Kittle's career is being squadered by Ratface Jr, who has him fighting fatties at the LOS for 75% of his snaps.
[Reply]
Mosbonian 11:03 AM Yesterday
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Look, I get it.

Kelce had some off-field troubles in college. He signed up for a cringey knock-off of The Bachelor very early in his career. He's a smooth dancer. He lines up out wide probably more than any other TE. So people have this image in their heads that he's all finesse and "not a real TE."

And that's just not true. He's a decent blocker. Give him a blocking job to do and he'll execute it. But why would we do that when we can use him as a receiver? It's not Kelce's fault that Kittle's career is being squadered by Ratface Jr, who has him fighting fatties at the LOS for 75% of his snaps.
Kittle isn't exactly a rocket scientist either....Ratface Jr is squandering his career but Kittle to me is easily the 4th best TE at this point in his career.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 11:06 AM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Mosbonian:
Kittle isn't exactly a rocket scientist either....Ratface Jr is squandering his career but Kittle to me is easily the 4th best TE at this point in his career.
His unawareness in the SB, and allowing the defense to get that turnover makes him number 1 in my heart.
[Reply]
Canofbier 11:37 AM Yesterday
Sounds like you've got some things to get off your chest, please do so here and not in a thread about football
[Reply]
BossChief 04:47 PM Yesterday
Sure would be incredible if we are comparing this draft class to 2022 in a couple years.
[Reply]
Page 13 of 13
« First < 3910111213
Up