ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 39 of 39
« First < 293536373839
Nzoner's Game Room>***All Things Weather 2024***
Bowser 08:56 PM 01-06-2024

[Reply]
HemiEd 07:03 PM 07-06-2024
about 7pm on the 3rd, we had a devastating storm hit. Golf ball size hail and 80 mph winds. Lots of damage. Some are saying it was a tornado. Boat docks capsized, buildings destroyed, lots of broken windows, etc.

Of course, hail is ice and when it melts it gets smaller. But not around here, our neighbors are now saying it was baseball size, so it has gotten bigger!
[Reply]
Coogs 07:19 PM 07-06-2024
Originally Posted by HemiEd:
about 7pm on the 3rd, we had a devastating storm hit. Golf ball size hail and 80 mph winds. Lots of damage. Some are saying it was a tornado. Boat docks capsized, buildings destroyed, lots of broken windows, etc.

Of course, hail is ice and when it melts it gets smaller. But not around here, our neighbors are now saying it was baseball size, so it has gotten bigger!
I drove through Branson right around that time. Probably just a tad after the big stuff, but it was still raining hard. Clouds looked nasty all the way from Clinton to right before we got close to Branson. We were headed down to a place called Flippin, Arkansas. Stayed in a place right on the White River about 8 to 10 miles down river from Bull Shoals Dam. Beautiful area. Water was crystal clear in the River.
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:27 PM 07-06-2024
We got some pretty gnarly hail this evening.

FUCK
[Reply]
ptlyon 07:50 PM 07-06-2024
Sorry dude
[Reply]
Bob Dole 09:20 AM Yesterday
This far inland and the weather is calling for wind gusts over 80mph tomorrow. Fun.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:25 AM Yesterday
I laugh my ass off at half the rain forecasts in KC. Seems like they always keep moving back later and later in the day. Last night rain was going to hit at 11 AM and I was worried I wouldn't be able to mow. Now it's hitting at 6 PM :-)
[Reply]
displacedinMN 09:35 AM Yesterday
Beryl remnants will enter the midwest
[Reply]
Bob Dole Yesterday, 11:51 AM
This message has been deleted by Bob Dole.
HemiEd 05:47 AM Today
Originally Posted by Coogs:
I drove through Branson right around that time. Probably just a tad after the big stuff, but it was still raining hard. Clouds looked nasty all the way from Clinton to right before we got close to Branson. We were headed down to a place called Flippin, Arkansas. Stayed in a place right on the White River about 8 to 10 miles down river from Bull Shoals Dam. Beautiful area. Water was crystal clear in the River.
Isn't that where Ranger bass boats are manufactured? Sounds like a great time.

Interesting experience with the insurance company so far, totally different than last years storm on the 14th of July that did so much damage.

They hired a photographer to come out and take pictures instead of sending an adjuster. He was here over 2 hours after getting here at 6 on a Sunday.

Holy shit that hail did a lot of damage.
[Reply]
Bob Dole 09:55 AM Today
Just had today’s first power outage and it’s not even windy yet.
[Reply]
Bowser 09:58 AM Today
Just got back from a quick-ish Vegas trip. It hit at least 115 every day I was out there. I'm no longer sure which is worse - boiling to death in 90 degree weather with high humidity/dew points or getting straight up microwaved to death by furious sun fire from above (not to mention how all that concrete and asphalt radiates heat long after the sun goes down).

I'm starting to understand why retired folks with the means live in Arizona in the winter (sorry for the Snowbirds, Bearcat and the other AZ folks, lol) and then the upper midwest/New England areas in summer.

Maybe I'm just getting old and grumpy about the weather?? Lol
[Reply]
Page 39 of 39
« First < 293536373839
Up