ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 148 of 148
« First < 4898138144145146147148
Nzoner's Game Room>Who should we trade for if Rice is out?
Titty Meat 03:10 PM 09-29-2024
Discuss...
[Reply]
O.city 01:56 PM Today
If you wanna get nuts....Garrett Wilson or Olave and offer them your 1st and a mid rounder.

I just don't see it.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:56 PM Today
Our problem at WR is injuries. Kupp is the last guy we need.
[Reply]
wazu 01:57 PM Today
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
2/$40M is not gross at all for a legit guy. I’d consider that a steal, honestly.
Chiefs have $4M in cap space.
[Reply]
493rd 01:57 PM Today
Originally Posted by O.city:
If you wanna get nuts....Garrett Wilson or Olave and offer them your 1st and a mid rounder.

I just don't see it.
I don’t either but it sure sounds nice. Wilson would be unbelievable in this offense.
[Reply]
493rd 01:58 PM Today
Originally Posted by wazu:
Chiefs have $4M in cap space.
Restructure Taylor…
[Reply]
BigRedChief 02:02 PM Today
Originally Posted by Dante84:
I think he Should.

Once the trade deadline passes, we're left with what we've got.

- We can't count on Juju to be healthy.
- We can't guarantee that Brown will be back and fully integrated in the playoffs.
- Skyy Moore is Hitler
- Justin Watson and Mecole Hardman are JAGs.
- Remigio and Ross are JAGS at best.

That leaves Worthy, who does not have the body type to sustain 10-15 targets a game.

This year we have a chance to do something that has never been done, and I think it's important that we eliminate as much risk as possible while we still can.
I agree that going for that 3peat we should make moves we wouldn't make in a "normal" year. But, thats still tempered. No way we give up a #1. We need to draft a WR there next year. 2nd rounders we can go OL/DL. Now, we can trade a 3rd for the right deal.
[Reply]
wazu 02:05 PM Today
Originally Posted by 493rd:
Restructure Taylor…
To find $26M in cap space every year through 2026? Yeah no.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 02:10 PM Today
I’m not sure I’m on board with the Garrett Wilson and Olave types because I really don’t know that it’s gonna be what makes or breaks us, getting a guy that good.

The hay is in the barn a little bit and with the O having to work around the LT position, this is a team that’s gonna have to be reliant on defense and run game in January. You’ll have Mahomes doing Mahomes things late in games, you’ll have Worthy make some explosive plays, JuJu will hopefully be healthy to be a tough safety blanket, Kelce is gonna Kelce.

Besides that, give me another capable man beater for if a defense is locking other guys up — Diontae, Slayton, etc. — and we will be just fine. Then I get to keep my first rounder + more for next year and we are gonna want it.

Again, I just don’t know that Garrett Wilson locks them into a SB win any more than the other guys named. They aren’t turning into an elite pass offense this year.
[Reply]
493rd 02:10 PM Today
Originally Posted by wazu:
To find $26M in cap space every year through 2026? Yeah no.
It’s a start not saying it would work
[Reply]
493rd 02:10 PM Today
Just trade for Johnson that’s the answer
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 02:12 PM Today
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
I’m not sure I’m on board with the Garrett Wilson and Olave types because I really don’t know that it’s gonna be what makes or breaks us, getting a guy that good.

The hay is in the barn a little bit and with the O having to work around the LT position, this is a team that’s gonna have to be reliant on defense and run game in January. You’ll have Mahomes doing Mahomes things late in games, you’ll have Worthy make some explosive plays, JuJu will hopefully be healthy to be a tough safety blanket, Kelce is gonna Kelce.

Besides that, give me another capable man beater for if a defense is locking other guys up — Diontae, Slayton, etc. — and we will be just fine. Then I get to keep my first rounder + more for next year and we are gonna want it.

Again, I just don’t know that Garrett Wilson locks them into a SB win any more than the other guys named. They aren’t turning into an elite pass offense this year.
Diontae is a better WR, IMO. But still worth calling since the Jets are being run by Aaron right now.
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:13 PM Today
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I agree that going for that 3peat we should make moves we wouldn't make in a "normal" year. But, thats still tempered. No way we give up a #1. We need to draft a WR there next year. 2nd rounders we can go OL/DL. Now, we can trade a 3rd for the right deal.

Why can't we give up a 1? Let's not forget, at best our 1 is going to be something in the 28 range, or worse. It's basically a 2nd rounder. And several talking heads have already said that next season's draft isn't going to be all that great. Giving up our low-value 1 in 2025 just isn't that big a deal, as long as we're not talking about giving up multiple other picks as well.
[Reply]
PatMahomesIsGod 02:15 PM Today
Treylon Burks for a moldy sandwich??
[Reply]
Icon 02:27 PM Today
I've been looking at the 2025 draft and I'm underwhelmed with the talent pool. We have an extra 3rd from the Sneed trade which should be pretty high in the 3rd round.

This is the year I would be fine using 2025 draft capital to get a guy or two to fill holes we have due to injuries.
[Reply]
O.city 02:43 PM Today
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:

Going forward, you could add one of those two to the other 2 and have a pretty formidable trio.

That would be more thought process to adding a big piece, for the future.
[Reply]
Page 148 of 148
« First < 4898138144145146147148
Up